Sunday 22 January 2012

Urban Baby


This is the first quilt that I did on my longarm quilting machine.  I saw this lovely bright fabric which was just screaming for me to do something with it.  The fabric line is called Urban Landscapes and it is designed by Kathy York.  I made this quilt from a free pattern download from Clothworks. 


I had the top of this quilt ready for quilting when in April I went to SparrowStudioz in Edmonton to take Beginner Longarm Quilting from Matt (manquilter.com) Sparrow.  A full couple of days for me as I had taught quilting the evening before until 11pm, got up at 5am to drive to Edmonton and be in class by 10am, spent the day learning and being inspired! Got back to the hotel, where my husband met me with a bottle of wine, we then found a nice place to eat and I enthusiastically talked his ear off about all that I learned & Matt's fun personality. Richard (my husband) said 'It sounds like you've found a mentor'. Next day we stopped by EarthlyGoods Quilting store in Edmonton, drove home; I made supper and then proceeded to 'custom' quilt my first quilt 'Urban Baby'. I was inspired.  And that was the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the colors. This would make for an amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, this quilt sold at the Mount Royal Christmas Artisan sale, a gift for someone's baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cheryl, and Tkx for checking out my blog.

    ReplyDelete