Saturday 20 September 2014

Reasons I love the Rainbow Scrap Challenge




As many of you know, if you read my blog regularly, I have been participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for a couple of years now.  I love the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for so many reasons, it:

-           gets me using up my scraps, I’m digging into that bottom drawer of scraps and can actually close it most days.
Scrap Drawer

-          Gives me focus because it features a colour each month, which keeps me playing with fabric, fun, refreshing and motivating.

-          helps me manage my scraps, some bits can be cut into shapes and strips for future projects.
Scrap Management
 
-          Gets me checking out other quilting blogs, great for inspiration and getting to know other quilters.

AND…  This week a Rainbow of hand dyed fabric called ‘color wheel’ by Vicki Welsh arrived in the mail from Angela at Soscrappy.  Vicki of Field Trips in Fiber sponsors the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at Soscrappy and each month there is a giveaway of her hand dyed fabric, I won the August giveaway!

Color Wheel by Vicki Welsh


This fabric is even more gorgeous than the picture, it just shines.
Color Wheel by Vicki Welsh @ Field Trips in Fiber

 Please check out Angela’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge and consider joining in the fun, and check out Vicki’s Field Trips in Fiber and her etsy shop .

Thank you to Vicki and to Angela, I am thrilled!

12 comments:

  1. What a great post. Enjoy your new fabric! So happy to hear that your scrap drawer almost closes. Sounds like great progress to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written and exactly my thoughts too! I love it! ENjoy the fabric treat/// Vicki's fabrics are like silk to work with... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Angela's scrappy challenge. I'm so looking forward to next years. Congratulations on the win. Beautiful material!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too really enjoy participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge even though lately it has been a bit hit and miss. Congrats on winning that beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabric, have you decided what you're going to make with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You echoed my feelings so well. It is fun to have a focus for the month and to manage one small bit at a time. The Vicki Welsh fabrics look gorgeous. Congratulations on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lucky you!! The fabrics are brilliant
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color
    used to live in Edmonton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree...without the RSC I think I'd have scraps everywhere instead of colorful blocks made from them. Lucky you to win some of Vicki's fabrics in a rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those scrap drawers have minds of their own, don't they? I'm glad your usually closes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, love those shapes. I think I need to do that next year! Congrats on the win - can't wait to see what you use them in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! They are beautiful.
    I think the RSC is my favorite sew along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the win! I love RSC for the same reasons you do...and I love to see what others have picked to sew in the rainbow too!

    ReplyDelete