Saturday 22 November 2014

Aqua, a light blue



Baby blue is the colour for the month of November for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, which I love to participate in.  I have to take some creative licence and stretch the colour to Aqua this week.  Looking through my project tallies I realized that I needed a few aqua (turquoise) blocks in a couple of them. 

Last night – Friday is my night to sew for myself – I completed two scrappy trip along blocks, following Bonnie Hunter’s quilt-along.
Scrappy Trip Along quilt block
I also finished two wonky churn dash, from my friend Terry Morberg’s pattern and class.
Wonky Churn Dash quilt block
And as usual a few leaders and enders, which some day will become a postage stamp quilt.
Leaders and enders
A fun evening of sewing for me.  If you would like to see more blue works in progress click on over to Soscrappy and enjoy.
 

8 comments:

  1. Great progress. Your icy aquas look like a beautiful frozen lake in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the fabrics in your scrappy blocks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a lovely evening of sewing! Scrappy trips are great blocks to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great evening. So many lovely bits put together. Great transition of colour in the scrappy trips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Aqua... I love Aqua. And Turqoise. Color, that's right, I love color! I have to check out the Bonnie hunter trip idea... I like it.
    LEeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of blue goodness! I think those wonky churn dashes are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete