Thursday 8 January 2015

Bright Double Wedding Ring




A very traditional quilt pattern with a bright, modern colour scheme.  The Double Wedding Ring is one of my favorite quilt patterns; I have made several full size traditional looking quilts with this pattern, however I was inspired to make a somewhat primary, little, Double Wedding Ring quilt.  It is a theme that seems to run through my quilting, traditional patterns with a modern or colourful twist.  I consider this my signature piece – a self-portrait, traditional and colourful.

Bright Double Wedding Ring Quilt
A close up of the hand quilting by Genny Romeril, a quilting friend.

And now we welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been. ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

2 comments:

  1. (Wow - I almost hesitate to comment after seeing the spam mess in your first comment!) Beautiful quilt!!! It should be on exhibit in an art gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thanks for the lovely compliment. (I got rid of the spam comment.)

      Delete