Tuesday 31 January 2017

Paintbox quilt completed

A Rainbow Scrap Challenge finish.

Paintbox quilt
These were fun blocks to make for the RSC, and it took me a couple (maybe even three) years to get all the blocks completed.


I seem to like making blocks, but when it comes to sewing them together into a quilt top I get stalled.  January always gets me in the finishing mode so I decided to tackle the sashing, and then when Angela challenged us to finish a Rainbow Project for the end of the month, I knew it was Paintbox. Quilted with the Baptist Fan pantograph by Hermione Agee and a white Glide thread.


I like the way Elizabeth Hartman designed her quilt back and followed as close as I could, however I didn’t have enough solids, so I completed three rows and left it at that.




Paintbox quilt back
The wind was blowing today, so it was tricky trying to get a photo without the quilt being tossed.  You might also notice that a portion of the scrappy binding is not sewn, it will be finished tonight!


I started this quilt from a tutorial on Elizabeth Hartman’s blog, however she has redone her web presence and Paintbox is not included.  For anyone who is interest, I was able to find a free pattern download at Robert Kaufman Fabrics.


Now over Soscrappy for the last day of the month Rainbow ScrapFinishes!

15 comments:

  1. Great finish! Congrats and I love how you did the back. It looks like a reversible quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME finish and thanks for the pattern link!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And thank you for the link to the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, I have downloaded the pattern as this is the perfect pattern for me to use more scraps and make a RSC quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous (etc, etc) quilt! So fresh! And the quilting complements it perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finish and the back is a wonderful, added surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt - front and back. And I do love Baptist Fan quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous quilt! Love the back too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting Paintbox finished. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finish on the paint box. I love the name too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's gorgeous! I love it! The quilting is so beautiful too and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete