Saturday 25 November 2017

Brown High Five quilt blocks

For the month of November we are working through darks (browns, greys, blacks) for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, and for this last Saturday in November I have made a set of brown High Five quilt blocks.
 
You can find the High Five quilt and many other scrappy quilt patterns in the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.

I sewed these up earlier this month at a weekend quilting retreat at a friend's country home in Invermere, B.C.  I’ll do another blog post with pictures from our weekend – coming soon…


I believe December for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge will be finishing up projects, let’s see how I do with that.  December can be such a busy month, we always want to do so much before Christmas, it can be hard to pack it all in. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm loving your scrappy BROWN High Five blocks... especially the ones with a little "surprise" in the "window"!! A little HST here and a bright square there. Those bits provide some added interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks are fun and the color reversal gives lots of variety. It must have been a gorgeous retreat location. On our honeymoon we took the train from Calvary to Vancouver, stayed at Banff. Wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks! Yes, that finish up month is at a very busy time of year. No wonder I have so many sets of blocks hanging around. Good luck with the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get a high five for your High five blocks! I'm not sure I'll be finishing anything in December.

    ReplyDelete