Saturday 21 July 2018

Fun in Red


I’m having fun playing with my red and maroon fabric scraps, the colour of this month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC).  First I wanted to get my Squared Away blocks sewn up, I decided to participate in this year’s RSC sampler, and each month we get a new block pattern to sew in the colour of the month.  This block is Round the Corner, a Nancy Page block from 1920.  Mari, blogging at The Academic Quilter has written up the instructions. 

 With still more time to sew and enjoying playing with my red scraps, I made a set of High Five blocks





The High five block pattern is from the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  Here is what I have so far. 

That’s it for this Saturday, you can see lots of other Red projects at Soscrappy, where we all link up on Saturdays for the RSC.

When in doubt wear red. ~ Bill Blass

5 comments:

  1. I am beginning to see that I am going to absolutely LOVE your Hive Five quilt!!! May have to buy that book and make one of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those High Five blocks! They are such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops....bottom left corner on your first RSC is turned the wrong way....I think that is the same corner that I had to fix😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for catching that and pointing it out to me Judy.

      Delete
  4. Those high five blocks are great!

    ReplyDelete