Monday 29 April 2019

April Goal Complete


My OMG (One Monthly Goal) for April was to quilt and bind this Blue and White on point Mile a Minute quilt, and it is done.  A full size quilt measuring 88 x 102 inches. 

I hurried home from work to take the picture while the sun was still out and there was a nice patch of snow for the background, and you can see I have a few clips holding down the binding.  Once I finished supper I sat down and finished hand sewing the binding. 

My daughter picked the Entangle pantograph by Hermione Agee, she thought the design was a nice compliment to the on point blocks, I have to agree. 

I used larger pieces from my stash to piece the back, the binding is patchy as well.  It feels good to use fabric that have, rather than buying more, I honestly can see my stash shrinking (just a little). 

You can see Entangle better on this bit of the back. 


 I’m thankful to ElmStreet Quilts for hosting this OMG, as it keeps me on track with finishing the many projects I have on the go.

When you love what you have you have everything you need.

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful and the snow makes a great backdrop! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blues. Congrats from a fellow Canadian in Victoria BC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful finish! It is amazing how great it feels to use up pieces for the back, as it is moving out of your stash. Congrats on meeting your April goal!

    ReplyDelete