Sunday 30 June 2019

Low-Volume Baby Quilt


I sat sunning myself on the deck while I finished sewing the binding on this little low-volume quilt which was my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for June. 

This little quilt has an interesting story (don’t they all?), A fellow book-club member was having a fabric and book fund raiser for her choir, so I donated a bunch of fabric, including a little tin of charms.  Of course I also went to the sale to see what I could find to bring home and found this 20” X 80” strip of low-volume patches, which I thought I would reconfigure into a little 40” X 40” quilt. 

I later found out that my friend Mary Anne had donated the low-volume strip and that she had bought my little tin of charms!  Fund raiser doing exactly what it should, gathering goods and redistributing to make money for a worthy cause. 
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. ~ Vincent Van Gogh

3 comments:

  1. What a great story...two friends exchanging fabrics without knowing it. I love the quilting on this quilt. It really adds to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE at spiral quilting!! Nice choice for this sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete