Saturday 27 July 2019

Pink Leaves


I did a little RainbowScrap Challenge sewing and made these leaf potholders in pink.  Everything looks a bit orange, whereas they are really all shades of pink. 


The pattern is from Patchwork Pottery, and I’m trying to make a set each month.  


I found some cute buttons in my pink button collection, and some fun fabric for the backs in my stash.  


I worked on the binding on Thursday at noon, when I lead a Finishing School at the Library at Mount Royal University and then finished sewing the binding and button detail while watching Blown Away (Netflix) with my husband last night.  It’s a glass blowing competition show, my husband blows glass and one of the competitors is a past instructor of his.  We love glass and have a houseful of glass and quilts.

A plant on my front steps with pinkish leaves. 


Here it is in its setting. 


Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction.

5 comments:

  1. Those are so fun! Are you making a set in every color? My camera wants to turn pink into orange, too - wish I could figure out how to adjust that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every colour of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I take part in an Artisan Sale in November so the RSC helps me to complete little projects that I can sell.

      Delete
  2. Your potholders are almost too pretty to use. I'd be afraid of getting schmutz on them! Love the pink plant in the head pot! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job with your RSC Pot Holder project!! Such a relief to use up some of your scraps, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete