Saturday 7 March 2020

Yesterday was a good day


I wanted to play with fabric and just sew, not measuring or calculating, just sew.  My favourite mindless/therapeutic go to block is the Mile a Minute block (some refer to these as crumb).  First I took a meander over to Soscrappy to see what colour they were working with this month for the Rainbow Scrape Challenge, I thought I might as well sew along.  Turquoise it was, so I pulled out all my turquoise scraps and began to joyfully sew.  I ended up with these 14 eight and a half inch blocks. 
Now I have just a small bag of turquoise scraps left.  These blocks will be saved to go into a larger project.  I have a few rainbow scrap quilt pictures saved on Pinterest, so I will look there once I get more blocks in other colours.  I’ll be happily quilting through the rainbow!

Shine your soul with the same egoless humility as the rainbow and no matter where you go in this world or the next, love will find you, attend you, and bless you.  ~  Aberjhani

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your mindless sewing is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lovely TEAL blocks are giving me the itch to do some mindless sewing. Alas, there are currently too many HAVE TO's to do!! :o((

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like mile a minute too. your colors are pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you used your colors this month. (not that I don't usually love the way you use colors!) Good contrast! They will make a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blocks! I agree with you that crumb block sewing is joyful. I try to always have at least one or two projects going with them. So relaxing.

    ReplyDelete