Wednesday 2 December 2020

UFO incomplete

My December goal is to piece the top of this quilt which happens to be called UFO Complete. 


You can find the pattern in the book Simple Strategies for Block-Swap Quilts by Lynn Roddy Brown.

When my customer, Doreen brought me her version of this quilt to Longarm I fell in love with it.  You can see Doreen's quilt here.

I love scrappy, and always like to have a leader ender project on the go, and this quilt certainly fit that criteria.

I think a few blocks might need to be switched around, so it’ll be laying on the design wall floor for a couple of days, until it feels right.

Take a minute to stop by Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal to see what others are up to, so many hopeful projects each month, most of which get completed

Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun. ~ Christina Rossetti


4 comments:

  1. I like how you've centred the lighter blocks; another great way of organising scraps. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. Looks like a good scrap buster. Good luck with your goal. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looks like a good scrap buster, and quick too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete