Friday 30 September 2022

Skull quilt complete

Happy to say I’ve achieved my One Monthly Goal (OMG) which was to quilt and bind Richard’s Day of the dead, Sugar Skull (or just Skull) quilt. 


My original thought was to piece all the leftover bits of the skull fabric together for a backing, then my husband got the idea that I should make a skull mosaic, I liked his idea


Quilted with a Sugar Scull pantograph called Fiesta by Sandrah Burrier



A close up of some of the fabrics. 


Glad to have it finished to decorate our bed for the month of October, I think he also wants to display it on Halloween. 


I enjoy participating Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal, it helps me to stay on track and complete projects, now to decide on what to finish for October. 


QUILT DETAILS

Day of the Dead quilt 2022

The finished quilt measures 78 inches by 88 inches

Started: April 2021

Finished: September 2022

To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die. ~Thomas Campbell

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation, Edith! This is a wonderful finish. Love that even the border has a shadow. I haven't seen that before. Great idea. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you were in the middle of this quilt, and I was so amazed at all the skull fabric you had collected over time. It is wonderful to see the finished product — bravo! I’m sure he’s over the moon

    ReplyDelete