Saturday, 15 August 2026

Yellow for August

Our colour for August and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is yellow, such a bright and cheery colour.  I was surprised to find that I didn't have many yellow scraps in my little yellow fabric scrap box, and when I look on the shelf, there is not much in the stash either.  It might be time to pick up some yellow treasures.

My first, and maybe only, scrap project was to make my 10 'Mile a Minute' blocks.


 My plan is to make a Rainbow Mile a Minute quilt, one that I have made before and sold, however someone came into the quilt shop, that I teach and work at - Out of Hand Quilting and Fabrics - and was wearing, in my opinion, one of the nicest looking quilted jackets that I have ever seen, made with a rainbow of mile a minute blocks.  Now I'm tempted to change the plan. 

Here is a look at my yellow scraps at the end of this week, just a little pathetic.

Check out this weeks Rainbow Scrap Challenge to see what others are doing with their yellow fabric scraps.

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun. ~ Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment