Saturday 23 June 2012

Sweet Violets



Violet Mile a Minute Blocks


The Rainbow Scrap Challenge for the month of June is Purple.  Two weeks ago I sorted all my purple scraps and then divided them into Blue/Purple  (Indigo) and Red/Purple (Violet).  Can you see the difference?  This week I worked on the violet Mile a Minute blocks.  To see what others have done with their purple scraps click on soscrappy.

Indigo and Violet Mile a Minute

 
Other words we like to use for the colour Purple include Mauve, Lavender, Lilac, Amethyst & Plum.

Perception is itself a form of grace ~ Diane Ackerman

13 comments:

  1. I do see the difference between the two. I wonder how many other colors we could break down into smaller groups if we tried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I want to think about it, my organizing (annal) self might start trying.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blocks and I like the way you separated the purples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie, I'm finding all our blocks in specific colours are turning out so nice.

      Delete
  3. I really like your log cabin like blocks. It is amazing how many purples there are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, it seems that for every colour we do in the challenge there are so many variations of colour.

      Delete
  4. Still haven't tried Mile a Minute blocks- these are so cute. It's neat to see them separated into two groups- my favorite color is in the indigo family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I never even thought about the different kinds of purple this month...just seemed to gravitate to the violet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have just left the purple and pulled whatever for the Purple challenge, I just wanted to try and understand the indigo/violet difference in the Rainbow.

      Delete
  6. They really are pretty ... love purple!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them. Purple is just such a fun color!

    ReplyDelete