Wednesday 4 December 2013

Scrappy Nine Patch by Terry Morberg



I find this cozy nine patch so inviting, I just want to curl up with it, especially while we are experiencing snow and cold in Calgary right now.  I believe Terry used squares or strips cut from her scrap management stash to sew up this comfy quilt.
Scrappy Nine-patch


Terry picked the Blowing in the Wind pantograph by Irene Steele and we used a Rust brown thread.  Here are a couple of close-ups of the scrappy fabrics and swirling leaves.
Blowing in the Wind Pantograph
 
Nine-patch blocks



While googling nine-patch I found this quote:

Is a nine patch part of a twelve step program? - Handi Quilter

Maybe when using up scraps it might be, however I think my husband still thinks it’s part of the addiction!






No comments:

Post a Comment