Saturday 5 January 2019

I’m back


It’s been a while since I’ve blogged.  I’ve had many ideas and a few pictures as well, however with Christmas preparations and celebration as well as just relaxing and playing in my sewing room, I haven’t spent very much time on the computer.  Once again the Rainbow ScrapChallenge has inspired me, so here is the first blog of 2019.

I decided at the end of 2018, when I wasn’t prepared for my University’s Artisan Sale that I needed to start organizing right at the beginning of the year, so I hope to produce some little marketable items each month in the colours of the rainbow.

I made a bunch of tiny Log Cabin bookmarks this year as gifts to my book club and stocking stuffers and thought that I should make a batch each month.  The RSC colour for January is red, so here are my red bookmarks. 

These are made with ¾ inch strips which finish at ¼ inch, tiny fun. 

Now that I’ve made a start I hope to be blogging regularly.  Check out what others are doing in red, at Soscrappy’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I’m always inspired.  It helps to keep me sewing, blogging and playing through my scraps in a methodical way.

“Quilting is powerful!  It gets rid of depression, relieves anxiety, and improves creative thinking.
Be powerful!”

6 comments:

  1. Those bookmarks are so sweet! I never tried anything that small. Too many larger scraps to wade through here. Maybe some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are adorable! What a great idea for your book club! I may have to copy you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! So tiny! They will use up so many little scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to get a head start on the items for sale. Even better idea to use your rainbow scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those bookmarks, so cute!

    ReplyDelete