Saturday 19 October 2013

Black and Grey Hearts



Still working on Dark colours for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (check it out at soscrappy) and I wasn’t sure if I wanted to add black or grey hearts to my heart collection.  So somewhat hesitantly I did a couple of each, I think they might just work.  I found black and grey strips in my managed scraps (already cut strips) collection, yeah!  I also made one scrappy trip along in blacks and then did just a little bit of scrap management as well.
Scrappy Trip Along and Heart Blocks


Black and grey hearts with some of their buddies.
Rainbow of Hearts

Without black, no color has any depth.  But if you mix black with everything, suddenly there's shadow - no, not just shadow, but fullness.  You've got to be willing to mix black into your palette if you want to create something that's real. ~ Amy Grant
 

7 comments:

  1. Love your blocks, Edith. Before the rainbow challenge, I ignored black and gray fabrics. Now I try to add those colors to all my scrappy quilts. Amy Grant got it right in those words. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eye catching black and gray blocks! Love the quote ... might have to borrow that one ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I wasn't sure about including black and grey in my blocks, but they really add so much to the collection. Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting quote! I am really starting to appreciate the contrast of black more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and grey hearts--they really do make the other colors sing out...lovely work you have going on there...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blocks. yes blacks and gray really make the colors sing

    ReplyDelete