Saturday 24 February 2018

Quarter Log Cabin quilt blocks

It’s the last Saturday in February for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and the colour purple, I’m finishing off the month with my purple scrappy quarter log cabin blocks.


Having started this collection of blocks this year I have these purple blocks and you can see my light blue for January blocks as well as my inspiration for this quilt here.

This year I have four RSC projects on the go: TheCogs, High Five, Squared Away and the Quarter Log Cabin quilt blocks (as well as other projects), no wonder I feel so busy, however quilting time is my happy time.

If you want to see many other RSC projects on the go, check out Scraphappy Saturday - Last Purple Saturday.

Creativity is an energy. It's a precious energy, and it's something to be protected. A lot of people take for granted that they're a creative person, but I know from experience, feeling it in myself, it is a magic; it is an energy. And it can't be taken for granted. ~ Ava DuVernay

5 comments:

  1. I like this project. Those are some fun blocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any blocks that are kind of log cabin like. They will make a great quilt. Good luck with your 4 quilts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this interpretation of log cabin block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of that purple/yellow plaid. That plus the bits of yellow in the other block really adds some sparkle.

    ReplyDelete