Saturday 25 April 2020

Light Blue Bookmarks


These mini log cabin bookmarks were this week’s project for my participation in Soscrappy’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I was able to complete 15. 
Here’s what they look like closer up. 
Making up a stash of these for our pre-Christmas artisan sale at my University. 
I have a bunch of orange ready for the fancy top stitching, however I don’t have any 1/8 inch orange ribbon (or any other colour that would work).  I checked on-line but purchase and delivery of an 89 cent item seems ridiculous.  This morning during senior’s hour at Walmart I check their craft section, they didn’t have orange, so the orange are stalled for now, and it will be a quick finish once I get the ribbon.

Well I’d like to say it’s time to go read, however it’s time to make more COVID masks.  I made some for my family members to wear when out in public and also took some to my mom and dad in their retirement home, apparently all the staff who saw my mother’s mask would like one.  I’m happy to provide these for the people caring for my folks, I certainly have no shortage of fabric. 
“Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Sizzling bacon!! These log cabins are so small! Ouch! Wonderful job! I have to make more masks too, some how it doesn't sound to me. I don't know why. It's still sewing, right? Take care! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little piecing in Light BLUE!! It's SEW kind of you to make a batch of masks for your parent's care facility. Way to keep them safe, Edith!

    ReplyDelete