Thursday 30 April 2020

Done and Done

Happy to say I’ve completed my primary April goal (OMG) to quilt and bind this flannel crib quilt. 

 I enjoyed the look of this pile of binding in the making. 
I picked up this lime polka dot fabric at Sugar Town Quilt Company in Cranbrook, however I was a bit short for the backing and was able to find this fun zig zag at Along Came Quilting in Calgary.


Quilted with the Popcorn pantograph by Jodi Beamish, one of my favs for baby quilts. 

I also had a secondary goal which was to complete this sweater - my Marchgoal - which got completely derailed due to the COVID19 pandemic, I was so distracted last month.  I’m happy to say I finished it this month as well.  

The sweater is called Split Diamond Crewneck and is from a Kaffe Fassett & Zoe Hunt book called Family Album: Knitting for Children and Adults. It has 27 different colours of yarn in it. 

I am delighted with this Finish, as it was too many years in the making. 


I have to add that this sweater was completed mostly in Finishing School, a weekly workshop/meeting that I host through the Maker Studio at Mount Royal University Library.  Every Thursday from 12:30 to 1:30 pm many of us gather to do handwork and many projects get completed while having interesting conversation, lending advice and offering encouragement and support.  During our ‘work from home’ order we have now moved to Virtual FinishingSchool (click and scroll down to Finish School) anyone is invited to join us, you just need to register and use a Chrome browser.

So happy to be participating in Elm Street Quilts One MonthlyGoal (OMG), check out some of the other completed projects or join in the fun, there are great sponsors and prizes.

 Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” ~ Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

4 comments:

  1. Wow! 2 goals completed this month. Your quilt is beautiful and your sweater is amazing! I am in awe of your talent. I have yet to master using more than one color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finishes, Edith!! Both bright and cheerful, too. Perfect to lift your spirits during these scary times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater looks like it was designed for a quilter! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete