Wednesday 29 September 2021

Koi One-block Wonder quilt

September’s goal (One Monthly Goal – OMG) to quilt and bind this quilt for my son Callum for his birthday is complete, and as I hoped I was able to finish it and give it to him by the actual day, September 23rd


Callum has always been intrigued by the one-block wonder quilt and the geometry of quilts, which is one reason I picked this quilt to make for him.  I did incorporate some cubes into the quilt top. 


I thought the Drip pantograph by Beany Girl Quilts played nicely with the Koi. 


I also decided to include some of the original koi fabric in the border, on the front of the quilt, as well as on the back of the quilt. 





One of his favourite colours is orange, so I was happy to find this fabric for the back of his quilt, I like that is has the feel of moving water as well. 


And a label to commemorate the occasion. 


Here’s hoping for great dreams under this quilt.


QUILT DETAILS

Koi One-Block Wonder quilt 2021

The finished quilt measures 73 inches by 85 inches.

Started: April 2016?

Finished: September 2021

 

The Butterfly Dream

Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. ~ Zhuangzi

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations that is beautiful! I love one block wonders. It’s fascinating the designs that appear as the triangles are sewn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s stunning. And on my quilt bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete