Saturday 11 September 2021

State of Georgia quilt block in orange

Looking through my unfinished projects I realized I only needed to make three more blocks to have all the blocks for the Rainbow ScrapChallenge (RSC) 2018 quilt and they are (mostly) orange, which is the colour for September’s RSC


According to The Academic Quilter this block is called State of Georgia, a 1935 block from Workbasket magazine. 


Now I have three of each of the 2018 blocks, plus a couple of extra, so they will now join the pile with blocks that are ready to be tops. 


If you hear a voice within you say, 'You cannot paint,' then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. ~ Vincent Van Gogh

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting block. I love it in blue and orange. Looking forward to see all the blocks playing together. Enjoy the cooler weather. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SEW looking forward to seeing these blocks come together, Edith! How have I not made this quilt? I spent nearly 20 years of my life in Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Georgie blocks are very striking. Love the fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete