Saturday 30 July 2022

A Splash of Lime

Completed in time to take part in Elm Street Quilt’s onemonthly goal (OMG). 


I wanted a little contrast for all the dark blue and settled on lime, and then the name A Splash of Lime came to me, and with it the thought to use the Drip pantograph by Beany Girl Quilts. 



The blocks are a cross between a mile a minute block, check out my tutorial, and a slab (quilt block) conceived by Cheryl Arkison.  I started making them last July for a dark blue Rainbow Scrap Challenge month.

Lime and blue back. 

I remembered to make a label for this quilt. 

I’m glad to be back to completing quilts, it seems I’ve taken a few months off.  I hope to complete another quilt for August, so I will have a look at what’s waiting in the ‘to be quilted’ pile. 


QUILT DETAILS

A Splash of Lime quilt 2022

The finished quilt measures 49 inches by 72 inches

Started: July 2021

Finished: July 2022

 

If life gives you limes, make margaritas. ~ Jimmy Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment