Wednesday 6 July 2022

Time to finish

I’m going to try and finish a quilt this month (it’s been a while) and participate in Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal (OMG).

This quilt has been on my mind for a few weeks and I recently picked up some backing fabric when Out of Hand (a local quilt shop) was having a sale.

I’m calling this A Splash of Lime.  The blocks are a cross between a mile a minute block, check out my tutorial, and a slab (quilt block) conceived by Cheryl Arkison.


I was looking for something royal/lime for the back and found these two fabrics.  There wasn’t enough of the royal, so I bought lime to bring it up to the yardage I needed. 


Next step, prewash and sew the backing together, then quilt and bind by the end of the month, wish me luck and drop by at the end of the month to see how I quilted it – I have an idea.

Oh, by the way, today is my birthday, just thought I’d sneak that in here.

You don’t need to take all of the steps, only the next one.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!. I was late to the link up due to some family drama. It's calmed down a bit now and so I may be back to a "new normal"! I love your Splash of Lime. I make crumb/slab blocks using a mixture of techniques too. I use your Mile a Minute a lot, then Cheryl's slab technique too. Plus I'm always reading other ways. Can't bear to throw the little bits away!

    ReplyDelete