Saturday 5 May 2012

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – Yellow

Yellow Mile a Minute blocks


This morning I woke up with the song Mellow Yellow running through my head, however I don’t really feel Yellow is so mellow, for me Yellow has connotations of sunshine and brightness.  Picking fabric scraps and sewing my Yellow Mile a Minute blocks this week was a bright and cheery activity.

Do you have a song that you associate with Yellow?   Does Yellow have a different connotation for you?

Drop by Soscrappy and check out the other Yellow scrap projects.
 
In most of Canada and the United States, school buses are painted a yellow color - often referred to as "school bus yellow" - for purposes of visibility and safety.

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot; others transform a yellow spot into the sun - Pablo Picasso

7 comments:

  1. Your yellow scrap blocks are so beautiful. Yellow is springtime and sunshine.
    Have a nice weekend
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great yellow blocks. I recognize a lot of your fabrics as ones in my yellow jar as well. Such a fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must try the mile-a-minute technique - your result is just so happy & cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I did a 'Mile a Minute' tutorial (started on March 20, 2012) in case you are interested (and don't have instructions somewhere). Be careful, it can be addictive and will probably put a dent in your scrap stash.

      Delete
  4. Fun blocks. Yellow is such a fun color to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great yellow blocks! Don't you just love yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great yellow blocks...I can't wait to get into my scraps of yellow!

    ReplyDelete