Tuesday 28 February 2023

Rainbow in the Snow

 

Last night I finished sewing the binding on my Rainbow Slab quilt, just in time to take part in Elm Street Quilt’s One Monthly Goal (OMG).  It was photographed it outside this morning while it was lightly snowing. 


I found a lovely rainbow print on white for the back of the quilt 


And then shopped my stash to find a fun rainbow print on black for the binding. 


Quilted with the Circuts pantograph by Anne Bright. 


This quilt is loosely based on Cheryl’s pattern for The Missing U in the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison. I used both Cheryl’s slab making technique as well as my Mile a Minute technique to make the slab/blocks.


QUILT DETAILS

 Rainbow Slab quilt 2023

The finished quilt measures 80 inches by 80 inches

Started: 2014

Finished:  February 2023

Be everything that you are unapologetically, most of you will find out that you are not just one color,  you are a rainbow. ~  Mridula Singh


2 comments:

  1. Your slabs are wonderful. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilt. The photo in the snow is nice.

    ReplyDelete