Thursday 8 November 2012

Bargello Quilt

Bargello Quilt


I made this quilt many years ago when the style of bargello quilts first became popular; it was made to be a wall hanging for our master bedroom and I gave it the name ‘Heartbeat’.  This week as I was admitted to the cardiac unit of the hospital I knew that my next blog post would be the bargello quilt.   

As it turned out the cardiac thing was a false alarm, I actually went to emergency with a swollen ankle however my heart was doing strange things and gave some concerning readings on the ECG which made the doctors think I needed an angiogram.  I kept saying “I’m here for my ankle” however it was my heart that they focused on.

What I found quite amusing was while waiting for the angiogram I was in a room with a bunch of older men who were overweight, having trouble breathing and kind of red faced and they were saying the same thing that I was thinking “I don’t know what I’m here for, there’s nothing wrong with my heart.”  So I figured I was in denial too.

I’m home now, heart and veins are excellent and my ankle still hurts.

There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart. Pursue those. - Michael Nolan

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you and your heart are perfect - thank goodness it was a false alarm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are OK (other than the ankle) and I love your bargello. Reminds me of the needlepoints my Nana used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are ok. Hope the ankle mends quickly. Your quilt had me thinking on the medical lines right away even before I read your post. Too much past experience working in hospital and insurance settings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better safe than sorry - glad all is well! So what are they going to do about the ankle???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to see my doctor next week to see if they have culture results from the tap they took. I think it might be osteoarthritis. Just wrapping and trying to rest it for now.

      Delete