Saturday 24 August 2013

I’m back!



It’s been a busy Summer; I visited Idaho with my girlfriends for a weekend and my 60th Birthday celebration.
Kathy, Edith, Leslie and Wanda



After Idaho my husband and I spent a week at Red Deer Summer Series (Art School), Richard blew glass and I sewed on a Double Wedding Ring quilt which I will be teaching in a future class, then the quilt will be a gift for my dad and step mom.
Richard blowing glass

Double Wedding in the making


We finished our Summer break with a trip to Nelson, BC to pick up my two grandsons and bring them back to Calgary, a holiday for the kids (and also their parents).
Mace and Owen checking out Penguins at the Zoo


So I’m back and hopefully returning to blog posting. To start with here is a Rainbow Scrap Challenge post.  The month of August is RED, it’s supposed to be school house red, however I’m just going through my red scraps and playing with them all.  So this week I worked on Scrappy trip along in Red.
Scrappy Trip Along in Red

I did a little scrap management, and sewed a few leaders and enders in red for a future project.
Leaders and enders in red

It's good to be back, I'm looking forward to returning to routines, and I hope to get more customers quilts posted as I’m a little behind!

Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us. ~ Samuel Smiles

4 comments:

  1. Great Red blocks for trip along. The kids are cute. Love that you got to both take a Red Deer series class. I think I might have done the glass blowing, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, I love watching the glass-blowing, and love glass (I have a house full of it) however I have never been inclined to try it.

      Delete
  2. Your Scrappy Trips blocks look great! I have been thinking I need to make some more of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trips in scrappy red look great! I found my reds were more in the maroon shades this month. Sounds like you had a wonderful summer with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete