Wednesday 29 January 2014

Lovely Log Cabin Quilt by Pat



I think this is one quilt that most of us want to make, and I think it’s one that we all should try.  I just love building around from that first square in the middle of each block and then there are so many ways to arrange the blocks.  When I look at Pat’s lovely and traditional log cabin quilt I see one large block which is actually made up of four log cabins.
Log Cabin Quilt


This log cabin is quilted with one of my favourite pantographs called ‘Double Plume’ by Keryn Emmerson.
Double Plume Pantograph


In traditional Log Cabin blocks, one half is made of dark fabrics and the other half light. A red center symbolized the hearth of the home.

Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need. ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I have not tried this setting on a log cabin but have been seeing it in blog land. I think my next one might be set this way. Love the red in the center and it's message.

    ReplyDelete