Wednesday 26 February 2014

Blue Batik Jelly Roll Race



A couple of years ago at an MQX West Quilt Festival I received a percentage off coupon for a Batik vendor, so I decided to get a Jelly Roll because I had wanted to try the Jelly Roll Race quilt.  The Jelly Roll Race really does go fast; this top took me about three hours before adding the zinger and the border.
Batik Jelly Roll Race Quilt
The blue made me think of water, so I quilted it with the Calm Water pantograph by Anne Bright.  It’s definitely both calm and water.  Although you can’t see it very well, the zinger is a purple (indigo) colour.
Calm Water Pantograph
This image includes the back of the quilt, a blue petunia print by Philip Jacobs.
Petunia by Philip Jacobs
The Calm Water Jelly Roll quilt has been sold.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. ~ Jacques Yves Cousteau

1 comment:

  1. This quilt is beautiful! I love the colors! I love jelly roll quilts.

    ReplyDelete