Wednesday 21 January 2015

The Cushy Life



I work in a Library and last year for our Professional Day I made this Stack of Books cushion as a door prize.
Stack of Books cushion
I decided on brown for the background to resemble wooden bookshelves and used fabric with letters for the sides and back of the quilt.  If I were to make this cushion again I think I would use fabric with smaller text/letters.
 
I’ll probably make another for this year’s Professional Day and try out a new design; I have a few up my sleeve and on my pinterest board.

More cushions... I picked up the book PillowPop by Heather Bostic, there are a few cushions I want to make from this book.  The first two that I have completed are for my living room; I decided to make these cushion the reverse of each other.  Finished them up at my friend Carolyn’s cabin on a sew weekend.
Pillow Pop Cushions
Here they are in my living room.

Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age. ~ Booth Tarkington

2 comments: