Saturday 5 December 2015

Finishing a Rainbow



Today I’m linking up to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and A Lovely Year of Finishes (blog party).  My December goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes it to complete a Rainbow Mile a Minute quilt which I started a couple of years ago, the top is done and pieced, so I need to find some backing fabric, quilt and bind it.  
 

For some reason I can’t get my pictures from my camera to my computer, so here is a picture of the quilt blocks which I took before I pieced the top.

Rainbow Mile a Minute quilt


I might use the Baptist Fan pantograph, as it reminds me of rainbows, however I will take a flip through my pantograph book to see if something else seems right.

Baptist Fan pantograph
Wish me luck, I’ll need to go shopping for the backing and binding fabric, prepare the backing, then quilt and bind before the end of December.  Can I do it?


Please stop by the Rainbow Scrap Challenge as well as A Lovely Year of Finishes, some inspiring quilts happening at both blogs, and you might be motivated to join in the fun.  And check back here near the end of the month to see if I got this project Finished.

Keep looking up, there may be a rainbow waiting for you.

9 comments:

  1. I love rainbow quilts!! This is going to be beautiful!! I agree with you on the Baptist fans - they do remind me of rainbows and would be a great finish to this beauty!! Will the binding be scrappy too? Good luck achieving your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I just finished a quilt. Today with Baptist Fans. Such a fun pattern! Congratulations on using up all those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your quilt!! And you are right about the Baptist Fan motif... it will be PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhh...I love rainbow quilts. This is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful, fun quilt. Congrats on seeing the end in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilt. I like the quilting design you plan on using. I will be watching to see this quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mile a minute quilt blocks (and I'm sure the top) are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the wild, colorful, FUN scrap quilt. Looking forward to seeing it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fan pattern and it would look great on your quilt. Someday I'll give it a shot... but not on my little domestic machine unless it is a small quilt. Good luck.... as the little train says 'I think I can, I think I can!'.

    ReplyDelete