Saturday 22 June 2019

Blue play


I’m playing with my blue scraps for the month of June and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
First I finished some book-marks in blues and greens.  I’ve been playing with the inside layer as my husband thought the batting was a little thick, and now I’ve settled on a firm interfacing, just the right thickness and firmness. 
Next I made a set of leaf potholders in dark blues.  This pattern is from Patchwork Pottery

I found some larger bits in my scraps, and an almost fat-quarter for the bias binding. 
Finished off sewing the binding and button detail while watching the movie The Favourite with my husband last night.

A few more little blue projects, these scrappy triple four patch blocks for a quilt called UFO Complete from the book Simple Strategies for Block-swap Quilts, by Lynn Roddy Brown. 

That’s been my week, I’m not sure where I found the time as I’ve been busy with my choir – Cool Choir - rehearsing for our final concerts, this weekend, and now I’m off to our final dress-rehearsal. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration of blue sewing this week. Good luck with the concerts this weekend. Those bookmarks are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice bit of progress in dark BLUE, Edith!! I'm beginning to wonder about next month's color...

    ReplyDelete