Saturday 4 April 2020

Light Blue Mile a Minute Squares


I had fun sewing through my light blue squares and making these 14 Mile a Minute squares. 
Sometime I just need to sit and sew and not think too much about measuring, matching and calculating, Mile a Minute is my go to block, for happy mindless sewing.  Always fun for to see how the blocks are going to turn out, and of course so many happy memories in these scraps of past quilting projects.
If you’ve never tried Mile a Minute, I have a tutorial which starts here:  Tuesdays Tutorials - Mile a Minute.

I’m participating in Soscrappy’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge with these little blue blocks.


“If you're reading this...

Congratulations, you're alive.
If that's not something to smile about,
then I don't know what is.”

~ Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Head


7 comments:

  1. This Mile a Minute is just beautiful, Edith...I loce those blocks...
    ~ ~ ~ waving from USA Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mile-a-minute blocks. I especially like the fabric going around the squares and then trimming to size. What a beautiful scrap quilt this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love making this kind of block- yours are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on working through some of your Light/Bright BLUE scraps, Edith! This method (by a different name) is one of my favorite sewing activities. LOVE that block that seems to have started out with a sweet little 9-Patch and ended with what appears to be Morse code in dark blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mile-a-Minute blocks look like loads of fun. They're really turning out pretty too! I like string piecing for the very same reason. The quote is perfect too! Smiling here in USA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of pretty blues there. I might just have to give that block a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get back to your method of making crumb blocks, I’ve spent entirely too much time stressing over making face masks! Are the colors right, why don’t I have any guy fabric, are the ties long enough, am I doing the best pattern, etc!

    ReplyDelete