Monday 28 September 2020

Rainbow Hearts complete

So happy to have completed my September goal and more.  I set out at the beginning of the month to piece my Rainbow Heart blocks into a quilt top, and I was finished that goal so early in the month that I thought I should see if I could quilt and bind it as well.

Here is the finished quilt. 


I was able to find a lovely rainbow stripe for the back. 


And this lovely white on white hearts for a narrow sashing and binding. 


Quilted with the 'I Love it' pantograph by Anne Bright. 


I even remembered to make a label for this quilt. 


Rainbow hearts started out with a few heart blocks given to me by a friend, which I then decided would make a nice Rainbow Scrap Challenge project following the Soscrappy blog.  These little hearts have been sitting in a container for quite a while, and now participating with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal I am happily finishing projects.

QUILT DETAILS

Rainbow Hearts 2021

The finished quilt measures 65 inches by 72 inches.

Started: A long time ago.

Finished: September 2020

No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart. ~ Kapten & Son

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on achieving your September goal AND Bonus on quilting it too. Fabulous quilt. I love it. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you set your rainbow hearts. Isn't it wonderful to have OMG to motivate us to get our quilts finished or further a long the process to completion?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Rainbow hearts quilt is very pretty! Love the color settings - pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edith! I just adore your Rainbow Hearts quilt. That backing could not have been any more perfect, and the same goes for the hearts on the white sashing. Gosh, someone is going to be tickled pink to receive this. It makes me want to pull out a bunch of fun and colorful fabrics and make my own version. What a great OMG project. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete