Tuesday 29 November 2022

Finishing up

A few little projects, finished just in time to take part in Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal (OMG).

My three fabric storage boxes 


You can find the pattern in the book Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  I decided not to add cardboard this time and just relied on the stiff interfacing, it was the cardboard step that was stalling me from finishing these, and someone commented on past blog post that they did not use the cardboard.  What a great idea, I’m happy with the results.

Finished a couple of leaf potholders in pink and purple. 



These scrappy potholders are from a pattern by Patchwork Pottery.  I enjoy using up my little scraps, making them in all the colours of the rainbow.

My last little project to finish is this quilted skull bag 





 

Using up scraps from my husband’s skull quilt, and trying out a tutorial from AjileJack I made this quilted bag.  I’m happy with the results, and will likely make a few more.  Sewing through the thickness of the handle was a bit tricky, my friend Carolyn suggested using my Featherweight and it worked like a charm.

Happy to have these projects done, and now considering what to finish for December. 

It always seems impossible until it’s done. ~ Nelson Mandela 

1 comment:

  1. Triple Congratulations, Edith! You finished some great projects. I love the scrap baskets. I did some but I still need to add a few more as I don't have the entire rainbow yet. The skull bag is just awesome! What did you used to make the handles? Have a great day. ;^)

    ReplyDelete