Saturday 11 August 2012

Turquoise Bowl

Wrapped Fabric Bowl

This week I learned how to make fabric bowls, so I decided to take the few aqua/turquoise scraps that I had left, cut them into strips and make a bowl.

Inside the bowl

I bought the book It’s a Wrap II  by Susan Breier and some clothesline over a year ago, and this week my friend Terry gave me a lesson, so much faster than reading.  I still have the book for all the ideas of bowls and shapes that I can make, however it’s nice to finally use my clothesline and learn this new skill.  This is a fast and relatively easy project and another way to use up fabric scraps and perhaps have a pretty bowl to match a quilt.

Saturday is the day to post pictures of our Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, so visit soscrappy to see what others have done with the colour turquoise.

Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.


9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bowl and I love the turquoise colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful Edith! This bowl would be perfect in my bedroom :)) Such gorgeous turquoise fabrics in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bowl! Looks like a lot of fun, glad you finally gave it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Not only a srap-busting project, but beautiful and useful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful turquoise/teal/aqua bowl! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of these fabric bowls, Edith . . . I must try to make one! Do you recommend taking a class. What a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, is it sewn on the machine or hand sewn? Great use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Love the colour. I have not tried a bowl yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the twisty side pieces. How did you manage that???

    ReplyDelete