Saturday 6 October 2012

Chocolate Mile a Minute Blocks

Brown Mile a Minute Blocks


I enjoyed my Friday evening finishing a customer’s quilt on my longarm quilting machine and then sewing my little mile a minute blocks for the first Saturday of brown for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Pat's Rainbow Mile a Minute Quilt


I wondered about brown (and maybe even black) in the quilts that I will make with my blocks from the Challenge and then my customer Pat who decided to do my Mile a Minute tutorial and follow along (and race ahead) with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge brought me this beautiful Rainbow Mile a Minute quilt to longarm quilt for her.  I love the browns and blacks in it as well as the sashing and borders that she chose.  Pat’s quilt completely opened my mind to new possibilities.  Check out my Mile a Minute - September Discount post to see a close-up of Pat’s quilt and her back art.


Take a peek at soscrappy to see some other delicious chocolate (brown) scrappy blocks.

“I never met a color I didn't like.”  Dale Chihuly


8 comments:

  1. Love it! I am so doing one of these next year for the RSC. I've loved watching yours each month..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are keeping your mind open about brown. Though it isn't an intuitive choice, I like what it adds to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing Pat's quilt with us. Very inspirational. Love the browns in your Mile a minute blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to your Mile A Minute Tutorial. Just what I needed to get me to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the richness of your brown blocks. I think they should go in your rainbow quilt. Good customer minute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful brown blocks and a gorgeous quilt. I'm looking at brown from a whole new perspective after seeing that quilt and the ones that Soscrappy has posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt and your blocks are wonderful in the browns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did your mile a minute scrappy brown blocks get by me. I like them.

    ReplyDelete