Saturday 15 June 2013

Yellow Hearts for Rainbow Scrap Challenge



Yellow is the colour for the month of June in the RainbowScrap Challenge.  Last night at my Friday Finishing School I finished these yellow hearts for the Rainbow of Hearts quilt.
Yellow heart quilt block


Many questions were asked at Finishing School, which I don’t have answers to yet, such as:

How am I going to put them together?

Am I going to sash them?

Is there a pattern?

There were probably other questions that I can’t remember and some good suggestions as well.  I think once I have all the hearts finished, I’ll lay them out and then try to decide how to put them together.  It could be a very white quilt, it could have rainbow sashing or rainbow corner-stones.  I will be looking for suggestions sometime in the future.

I don’t have a pattern, I was given a few bright heart blocks from a friend who is not interested in quilting anymore (I think she’s moved on to knitting and grandchildren), and I’m just making it up as I go.  Perhaps I should make a pattern?


My heart leaps up when I behold a rainbow in the sky. - William Wordsworth

7 comments:

  1. They are really pretty blocks and I look forward to seeing how you end up finishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry too much about coming up with a pattern or a plan until you finish more of your blocks. You may just run across the perfect idea somewhere when you least expect it.
    Your hearts look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy hearts, Edith - great to see them in yellow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yellow blocks are so bright and sunny. I am sure setting ideas will come to you as the blocks come along during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Half the fun is making them so you can just play around with them on the floor once you have a bunch. Heck, that kept my kids entertained for an hour yesterday with my blocks. Looking forward to what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yellow blocks look like hearts of sunshine. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I worry about how I was going to put them all together. It will come to you when you lay them all out. I'd just keep making those cut little hearts.

    ReplyDelete