Sunday 29 January 2017

It is Finished

Yeah!  I have completed my One Monthly Goal (OMG), the Double Irish Chain quilt that I posted unfinished at the beginning of the month, hoping to get it quilted and bound by the end of the month, and here it is.
 
Irish Double Chain quilt
I had so much fun quilting it, I really enjoyed the continuous curves, the motif in the middle, not so much, it was very simple, however I was having so much fun with the continuous curves I just wanted to keep going and not stop after each row to complete the white centres. 
 
 

So many fun memories in the quilt of clothing and doll clothing from my childhood, and I love the yellows and blues.
 

I have one other finish which I will post on Tuesday January 31st for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, so stop by and have a look again.  So happy to be finishing with two completed projects in January.

Do check out our OMG group at Elm Street Quilts, maybe you will be inspired to join in the fun for February.  Now I must check my list to see what I plan on finishing next, I’ll be posting in the first few days of February.

3 comments:

  1. Love the double Irish chain quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The color play is so calming. Nice that you have 2 finishes for January!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on accomplishing your January OMG. I love that you used fabrics that really have meaning to you and the Double Irish chain pattern is so stunning. I love the motif quilting you did...a lot to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete