Thursday 2 February 2017

Plaid quilt project

My February goal for the OMG (One Monthly Goal) event is to complete – quilt and bind - this plaid quilt.


Plaid square exchange quilt
Again, it is a very old project which has been hanging around for a long time.  There are really two quilts to this story, somewhere around twenty years ago I took part in a fabric exchange, and for this exchange we each had to send eight, eight inch squares to the other participants.  There where 10 people in each group, so we ended up with 80 squares apiece. 

When I got my squares I laid them out on the floor and liked the way they looked, so I just sewed them together to make a quilt for my then little boy’s ‘big boy’ bed.  I tied his quilt and finished it with a prairie point binding.  I loved this quilt so much that the next time a plaid exchange came around, I signed up again and what I’m going to finish this month is the second quilt.

Here is a picture of the first, well-loved old quilt.


Plaid quilt with prairie point border/binding
Here is the second on the long-arm machine, as of this morning and ready to go.



Check out the many great project on the go for the February OMG event at Elm Street Quilts, and perhaps join us in finishing fun. Be sure to check back here at the end of February to see if I have completed  the Plaid quilt and which pantograph my guys picked for it.

6 comments:

  1. I love the prairie point border/binding on your son's quilt. I've never seen anything like it.

    With the first being such a lovely quilt, I can see why you want to make another.

    Good luck achieving your February goal! I'm sure you won't need it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the plaid fabrics, it looks like the perfect snuggle quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love plaid fabrics. Love the prairie points on you your quilt! I love to see your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you are well on your way to meeting your goal--and it will be a cozy one!

    ReplyDelete