Thursday 29 June 2017

Crazy Heart Quilt

Crazy Heart is my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for June.  So happy to have completed this quilt, I’ve enjoyed the whole process and just love the shabby chic fabrics and look.
 
I start this quilt at a Buggy Barn workshop in Red Deer, Alberta in 2013 which my friend Carolyn and I attended.

In the pattern all the blocks are right up against each other, however I felt some sashing would define the blocks and give the eye a place to rest.
 

I also wanted the quilt to be bigger, so I decided to add a piano key border.

Once the top was complete I sewed all the left over bits of fabric together for the back of the quilt.

And just before quilting it with the Wild at Heart pantograph by Jodi Beamish and a soft pink thread called Cotton Candy,
 

I remembered to put a label on it.
 

Funny thing, my adult son and my husband love this quilt, so do I, it’s going to be a summer quilt for my bed.
Check out the many other completed monthly goals at ElmStreet Quilts.

Stop and smell the roses.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt - pretty fabrics. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete