Saturday 1 July 2017

My goal for July

Is a little different, it’s not a quilt, it’s a shirt.  I enrolled in a Re-Fashion your clothing class through Continuing Education at Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD), and competed a couple of items (I’ll show them at the end of the month), however I started this shirt and did not finish it in class and if I don’t make it a goal with a deadline I’m afraid it will hang in the closet untouched.
 
It is re-fashioned with a couple of shirts that I picked up from a thrift store and a piece of blue floral fabric that I had in my stash.
 
I need to sew the sleeves on, and I still have a little work to do to get them to fit correctly, a logical place from me to just put this project on the shelf, but I want to wear this shirt, so it’s my July goal.

I’m thankful that Kathy at Elm Street quilts hosts the OMG, this is helping me to complete some UFO’s.

Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do long after the mood you set it in has left you.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck getting it finished! Can't wait to see your other projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with the finishing, wanting to wear it is a strong motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the completed item.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete