Saturday 26 August 2017

Neutral Mile a Minute

What is this?
 

A whole quilt top of neutral mile a minute quilt blocks.  Here they are laid out ready to be sewn together.

And here we have a quilt top completed for the month of neutrals with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
 

What fun this was to make, I’m rather excited to just jump into some of my other little bags of scraps and make more monochromatic Mile a Minute quilt tops.  I love making the Mile a Minute quilts block, in fact you could say I’m obsessed, and being that I love it so much I have blogged a tutorial, which you can find here.

Here is what my neutral bag looked like at the beginning of the month and then at the end when I had all the blocks sewn for this 52 by 82 inch quilt top.  This was a little 10 x 10 inch bag of scraps and I already had 9 blocks sewn before August.
I’m so pleased with this top and have an idea for some custom quilting, so finishing it will appear in a future blog post and most likely be included in a One Monthly Goal (OMG) or in a December post of completed Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts, or both.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link to your tutorials for this quilt! I really love it, and am always looking for ways to use up scraps. Your monochromatic version done in neutrals is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SEW amazed that a 52 x 82" quilt top came out of a gallon sized bag of scraps!! LOVE the bits of color you included for added interest. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful, scrappy large quilt top from that gallon bag of scraps! I'm impressed. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt of dynamic neutral scraps. I like the flashes of added colour.

    ReplyDelete