Wednesday 30 August 2017

Star Wars and Star Trek quilts

These two quilts were my One Monthly Goal (OMG) for the month of August.  They were completed and given as gifts by August 19th for David and Jodi’s Canadian wedding celebration, their actual wedding was in Jamaica in July.
  




David likes Star Trek and Jodi likes Star Wars, so over the last couple of years every time I found some Trek or Wars themed fabric I would buy it, thinking/hoping one day I would make them a wedding quilt.  I also always wondered how to combine these two themes into one quilt.  As the date drew near I finally settled on the idea of two TV cuddle quilts, one for each of them in their favourite theme.

Jodi loves purple and David prefers aqua, so I backed each quilt with flannel in their favourite colours, as well as using some of the extra blocks, for a little back embellishment.



A special label for each quilt.


They are both quilted with the Shooting Star pantograph by Sue Schmieden.  For Jodi’s quilt I used a purple Glide thread called Raven and David’s is quilted with a mint coloured Glide thread.


The pattern I chose for the quilt is called ‘All about me’ by Terry Atkinson, a nice way to feature fabrics in a quilt.

They sent me these pictures after they opened their gift, I think they like them.



You can see my initial OMG blog post with these quilts here, and if you like you can check out what other bloggers have accomplished this month at Elm Street Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to personalise the quilts. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! It is hard to find a good pattern for focus fabric. I really like the one you used

    ReplyDelete