Monday 30 July 2018

Wonky Churn Dash quilt


My One Monthly Goal (OMG) for July was to quilt and bind this Wonky Churn Dash quilt. 
 My friend Terry Morberg designed this quilt for a class that she taught at Out of Hand, a local quilt store.  I thought it was a great quilt to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with, so each month I pieced colours of the Rainbow wonky churn dash blocks, until I had enough for a nice twin size quilt.

Every month as I’m trying to finish my OMG, it usually gets down to the wire, so I bring my quilt into work to sew the binding during lunch hour.  I work in a Library, lately I have been sitting in front of our Maker Studio and finishing my projects, consequently I’ve been joined by others, so now we meet weekly for Finishing School and some friendly chatting. 
I found some lovely fabric for the back and needed just a little more length so I expanded it with the colourful bits left over from my churn dashes. 


Quilted with the Popcorn pantograph design by Jodi Beamish and a black and white variegated thread called zebra. 

Am I the only one who thinks that the churn dash looks a bit like a hash tag?

I’m inspired to have a monthly goal by Patty blogging at Elm Street Quilts, so far I’ve been completing one quilt or project each month, it feels so good.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I've never seen a wonky churn dash block before; it's very effective! And yes ... # !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and how fun to have attracted other makers to get together! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete