Saturday 11 August 2018

Orange scraps


… are what we are playing with for the month of August and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  So I started by checking out the scraps in my orange scrap basket. 
There were a lot of strips in there so I was able to piece four new Quarter Log Cabin quilt blocks. 
Our alternative colour for August is brown, so when sewing my Cog quilt blocks I made some in orange as well as brown.  They look a bit faded in these photos, I think the bright sun light drained the colours a bit. 

We’ll see how the month goes and if I have time to do anymore orange or brown scrappy projects.  My husband and I will be vacationing for the second half of the month, so this might be all I get done.

7 comments:

  1. I love your blocks and LOVE your orange basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...I love that cute orange scrap basket, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVE your Quarter Log Cabin blocks in ORANGE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your orange scrap basket is so perfect - bright and fun! I love the quarter log cabins, too - I think I need to start making some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous orange Scrap basket! You have some lovely scraps and have made great blocks. Those orange quarter log cabins are gorgeous. Have a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That orange scrap basket is to die for! So much cuter than my plastic cart of drawers. Have a fun and safe vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..I want colored scrap baskets! How adorable. Unfortunately, I have no place to put them. I need to make some of those quarter log cabins. Maybe my project next year??

    ReplyDelete