Sunday 6 January 2019

January’s Goal


My One Monthly Goal for January will be to quilt and bind this little Birch Tree quilt. 
I found this great fabric that looks like birch bark for the back. 



However I didn’t have the quilt dimensions when I found the fabric and I wasn’t sure about layout and it is a bit short for the direction I want the birch print to go and wider than I need, so I’m planning on making a diagonal cut and sliding the fabric down until it is long enough.  I saw this method on a Sparrow Studios YouTube, you can find it here – Learn how to piece your quilt backing diagonally

I’m linking up with Elm Street Quilts OMG, as are over a hundred others, check out some of their projects, and drop by at the end of the month to see how I did.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.  Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

  1. So fun to see this one all together and getting quilted! The backing fabric is perfect for it. Glad you found a solution to make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really delightful quilt. I enjoy the pieced blocks against the bright colors, and the backing is perfect. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete