Tuesday 30 July 2019

My July goal is complete


I wanted to quilt and bind this little (39” X 53”) flannel Mile a Minute quilt and here it is. 
My daughter helped me do some cleaning in my quilting studio and I had more flannel than would fit in the new drawer, plus I was inspired finding and fondling fabrics that were hiding in cardboard boxes.  She decided my fabric needed to be in clear drawers and bins, so I could see what I had, and while sorting I started playing with the flannel and completed enough squares for two little flannel quilts.

I found some great backing fabric in the sale section of a local quilt shop. 
Quilted with a favourite whimsical pantograph – Popcorn by Jodi Beamish. 
I still have enough squared for another, and I’m wondering what colour to sash it with, should I stick with the turquoise, or try something new? 
Check out other finishes at Elm Street Quilts OMG, or perhaps join us in the fun of finishing.
Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't that what always happens? You're cleaning your sewing room and find something you'd rather work on... Your Mile a Minute quilt is a great finish! I really like the turquoise sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful little quilt! Cheerful and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is so pretty - love the blue. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling quilt, and I bet it’s as soft and cuddly as can be!

    ReplyDelete